Friday, February 29

Random Poem

Ambition

Have you tasted the tears tracing your swollen cheeks?
Have you tasted the broken heart that reeks
Of thoughts that shudder before the mind could catch
And shudder alike in a quaking match
struck up a flame, shivering thin
To guide the lame, where has thou been
Under the bed, from thy nightmarish dreams
Of tomorrow's foreshadow, like a blackening stream
That veins the body, and roots in'th soul
Where on both shoulders in some comforting ghoul
which calms thy storms on a sunny day
Break all silence and light the way

Here's the key, to this beating chest
Here's the ward to wake thee from rest,
Existence is cruel, more to some than others
Even I am misjudged by my absent blunders

The time would come soon, where this ward will be free
For thee to open, and carry to me
And place in return the crimson eye
To breathe into me, or let to die

To let or live, to keep or give,
The flesh in'th heart is tender and real
Like a truth to deny, 
when a fellow smile lies,
I will not drown in thy mercy
I will not let Ambition flee thee.

No comments: